Thursday, February 23, 2012

Another Book to Warm Your Spirit as Winter Winds Down

After reading The Little Book, I was fortunate enough to find another gem of a book.  I actually read about this book in the Costco newsletter.  It was their Buyer Pick and  I must confess I am glad to I took their recommendation.  The book I'm talking about is The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey.  In her debut novel, this Alaskan bookseller give us a lovely modern retelling of a fairy tale that might be familiar to many of you, but it is so much more than that.



The author paints a poignant picture of long winter days in early 20th century Alaska...the struggles of homesteading, the challenges of farming in such harsh conditions, and the unspoiled beauty of the land.

If you're looking for a book to cuddle up with as the winter winds down, I highly recommend The Snow Child.  I think you'll be enchanted.

No comments: