Thursday, November 3, 2011

A quick update...I just had to label something else!

Superman said that telling you about this needs to be considered an update to my labelling gone mad post, but I think it is more like a little bit more Thanksgiving decor.  Either way, he wanted to see how it turned out and doing it was fun and made me smile.  So, file this under OCD or file it under Decorating, whichever works better for you.

Moving right along.

Remember my mantle here?


Notice the row of Ikea tea lights?  I've had them for years and I love, love, love their simplicity.  Still, I thought they were a little blank, so I whipped out my Silhouette machine and added a little seasonal touch to them. 


 
What do you think?  Still simple, but just a little more festive, don't you think?


Look at this teeny turkey!  Isn't it cool?



I really love how they turned out.  The best part?  I just peel them off on November 25 and have my simple white tea lights again.  How terrific is that?

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I order my vinyl from Expressions Vinyl where I can get a 9 x 24" sheet of vinyl for $1.59, so I don't have to have a huge role of a color I won't ever use up.  (This little project took 3" off my 24" length, so I still have quite a bit left for any other madness that my overtake me.)

No comments: