Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Pot roast has always been one of those meals that intimidated me.  Really.  I'd hear stories of dredging in flour and then browning and blah, blah, blah.  Honestly, I made it one time, seven years ago, and decided it was way too much work.  A friend of mine served it for her family all the time and kept saying how easy it was.  Finally, she told me exactly how she did it and I decided I could handle her method.  I've made it three times now and it has turned out so well each time, I just had to share it with you.  You'll be amazed at how easy this is.

Slow Cooker Pot Roast
(roughly 6 hours)

Frozen Chuck Roast
1 cup of water
1 Tablespoon of Beef Better Than Bouillon
1/2 White Onion Chopped
Salt & Pepper
Vegetables (carrots, potatoes, turnips, etc.)

Directions:
Place the frozen roast in your crock pot.  Add one cup (or so) of water and the beef Better Than Bouillon (I don't even stir it in, just "plop" it in and move on).  Salt and pepper the pot roast to taste.  Cover with chopped onions.   Add whatever vegetables you want with your pot roast...we added carrots this time.  Set crock pot to low and come back in approximately six hours.  That's it.  It just can't get any easier than that.


The roast will be tender, the vegetables will be perfect, and the broth will be amazing!  As for me, I'll never think of pot roast as intimidating again.

1 comment:

Clark said...

Yum! Add that to the list for December!