Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Very Best Friend in the Whole World (Yes, I'm 6!) Called Me This Morning...

...so instead of getting schooling and housework and crafts and projects done, I talked on the phone with her for 3 and a half hours! It was absolutely wonderful. I miss her as much today as I did the first day we drove away and it has been four years. We talked about children. (Her oldest headed off to college today! Trust me, if it hasn't happened to you, you have know idea how difficult it is. She's the one I called last year when Charming headed off.) Then we talked about husbands, decorating, housework, aging, churches and faith. (She is my absolute favorite person to talk about faith with because she is so open and honest.) It was so amazing to talk with her after such a long time. You'd never guess it had been months since we spoke. The best part, she knows me and loves me flaws and all. We don't gossip about anyone. She just makes my spirit soar!

Since I wasn't getting anything done, my amazing children decided to make breakfast for us all. (They miss Mrs. W and her family as much as I do. They also know just how much I miss her, so they went out of their way to NOT interrupt this phone call.) So, while I was chatting away, my sweet little kids did this!


Notice the flowers surrounding my bowl. Isn't that a wonderful touch? Truly I am so blessed. Thanks again for calling, K, I love you bunches and bunches.

(Sorry for the quality of the picture; it is difficult to hold a camera in one hand and a phone in the other! And now I must leave because I talked on the phone so long, I might be a bit late for an informational presentation for Buttercup's horseback riding lessons!)

7 comments:

Andrea @ The Train to Crazy said...

Are they for rent?

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet, because mine would have done something like flushed the cat down the toilet at that age. Or burnt the house down.

Erin said...

Andrea, they'll be in the Boston area for a week next summer...we'll have to see if we can cross paths. Gens, I know darned well you're exaggerating...your children are saints...cause their mom is the best!

More Than Words said...

What sweet kids you have!! I used to talk on the phone w/ my friend during school, but that would just totally throw off my day. BUT, if it was a friend I haven't spoken to for awhile, I may just do the same thing and call it a day!

Glad you were able to catch up!

Tootsie said...

sometimes a call from an old friend just makes everything seem okay..I had a call like that today too! your kids are so cute!

Clark said...

I am really glad that you got to talk to Mrs. W. I know that it always makes your heart happy.

Anonymous said...

Not while I am on the phone. The morph into the crazy evil kids I've never seen before. Same thing when I am in the bathroom, which is why, I try and combine the two, which is hard to do because you can't hide the fact that you are doing one from the people on the other end of the other. Which they frankly find tacky. LOL So I have to do both very quickly, so that we have room and board. Luckily now I can do both while they are at school, but when they were little, I rarely used the phone, or the bathroom.