Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Dream Machine...

Over the years, I have been incredibly fortunate and I have NO needs. Like anyone else, however, this girl can dream! This is my dream machine...

...isn't she beautiful? All bright and shiny and solid. Look at what she has under the hood:
  • 575 Watt Motor
  • Bowl-Lift Design
  • 6-Quart Polished Stainless Steel Wide-Mouth Bowl with Contoured Handle
  • Soft Start Mixing Feature
  • Direct Drive Transmission, All-Steel Gears, and All Metal Construction
  • Commercial Style Motor Construction
  • Includes PowerKnead Spiral Dough Hook, Flat Beater, and Stainless Steel Wire Whip
  • Elegant, Satin Pearl Finish
Look at some of the things she can do with all that horse-power:

"Equipped with a high-performance, professional-level motor, the Professional 600™ Series mixer can effectively mix up to 14 cups of all-purpose flour per batch. Powerfully churns through yeast bread dough and triple batches of cookie dough." [That doesn't even mention the pasta-maker attachment!]

Honestly, what is not to love about this baby? As you can imagine, such a well -equipped machine has a list price of $499, certainly not an insignificant amount. After many years of dreaming, I've decided I'd really like to make my dream a reality this year, so I've opened an ING-direct sub-account specifically for her. I figure if I put $25 from every one Superman's paychecks into this account, I can bring her home to live with us for Christmas! [I'm also trying to find more places I can trim the budget so that my dream doesn't interfere with any of our other goals.]

You know, if you haven't done it, ING-direct accounts are painless ways to save for things. They are free, and they let you have a number of sub-accounts so you can save for specific things. We have a Christmas account, a Car account, a savings account, and now, a Dream Machine account. (No, I don't get anything for telling you this...I just think it is an awesome way to save because it is FDIC insured and it is out-of-sight, out-of-mind savings.)

For now, I'll keep using my awesome Kitchenaid hand-held mixer, but I am sure dreams can and do come true...this year will be the year for my Dream Machine. So, what are you saving for? Dreams are a good thing...did I mention I'm already dreaming about 2010s Dream Machine?

5 comments:

Clark said...

Wow! She is a beauty. You should kick it up to $30.

momstheword said...

My Kitchen Aid used to belong to my mother-in-love. It's very old but is still kicking! Good for you for setting a goal to save for. We are saving for a vacation in a few years.

Darla said...

I just got this exact dream machine in December off ebay new for $50 less than retail and free ship. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

Erin said...

Darla, we're obviously twins! momstheword...baby steps, right? Clark, $30? I don't think so...

Unknown said...

My baby is the slightly smaller size but it works just as well. The only thing different really is the bowl, it isn't on the lift mechanism. I love it and the attachment are the coolest. Next up the pasta machine attachment.